CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chance of a LIfetime!
















What an amazing day! Almost 10 years ago, Greg and I were married and sealed in the Salt Lake Temple by an amazing man! Elder Dallin H Oaks was our sealer. He was a good friend to my grandfather and therefore a good friend to my father. Greg and I were in awe of the fact that we would be married by such a wonderful man. We went up before our wedding and had an interview with him. It was such a neat experience...one that Greg and I will NEVER forget. To sit knee to knee with an Apostle and be interviewed was one of the most intimidating but sweetest days of my life. We recieved some of the greatest advice from him that day, on our wedding day, and then in a letter he sent to us after our wedding. Then and there we determined that our first son would be named after Elder Oaks.. (who informed us that if we were to name our son after him...we needed to spell it right.)


We have waited for the opportunity to go and meet with him again, and since Dallin will soon be eight and we will soon celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, we decided this was a great time to do that. So today was the day and I can't put into words the anticipation and excitement I have felt. I also felt to inadequate to take time from an Apostle. He was so sweet with the boys and I wish I had a picture of him hugging Dallin and picking him up off the floor. He then held his hands out to Alex who ran and jumped into his arms, and then to Colton who did the same. I was worried how my boys would behave but they just loved him. He was so gracious and kind and again, a day I will never forget.


As we were leaving the building I hurried and took Dallin and Alex in to the bathroom and on our way out Alex tripped over Elder Tingey who was standing outside the bathroom door. Greg was out with Colton talking to Sister Dew. She was so cute with my boys and said that she always imagined she would have 6 boys! What a neat lady. On our way out the door, Greg started saying, "Oh my heavens, oh my heavens!" In walked Elder Hales. He walked right to Dallin and said, "Hey, this looks like a future missionary!" He was so kind to us and friendly and wonderful!!


I feel so blessed and humbled to have met such wonderful servants of Jesus Christ. I hope that at least Dallin will remember this day for the rest of his life...I know I will!!

0 comments: