Okay, a lot to do this first time, but after you finish answering the questions for Twilight will you please leave suggestions of books we should read next. Over the next couple of weeks I will put up more questions for New Moon and Eclipse...but we should all be thinking of another book to read.
Or, if not everyone wants to read the same book, the way we can do this is that when everyone is done reading whatever book it is that they are reading then they can write a review of it...just let me know!!!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Suggestions
Posted by
Book Club for Mommies
at
8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I can't think about other books until I finish Eclipse! So I'll add some suggestions once I get Edward out of my head!
Sorry, I'm waiting on everyone else to suggest something - I don't have a clue. So sorry for getting no help from me!
Hi friends! I haven't commented on Twilight because I haven't read them yet. I know, shame on me. I am lucky to read the directions on our microwave dinners. :) I promise to set aside time to read the next book chosen.
Here are some ideas for books:
The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall (story about a boy who learns some lessons in life through his uncle who has passed away)
for one more day by Mitch Albom (a story about having a chance to have one day to do over again)
Letters for Emily by Cameron Wright (writings left by a grandfather after learning he has Alzheimers)
I think it's also nice to read childrens books every once in a while. Whether we recommend picture stories that are fun to share with our children, or newberry award chapter books. They're usually fast reads.
I need to start those Vampire books, and quick! I know, I'm a total slacker and my mom keeps offering the books to me. So until then, I can't read or comment yet on what you discuss.
I would love though other suggestions for a book to start reading together! I am currently not reading anything right now. Except my scriptures;) Like that add in:)
I've heard good things about the author Shannon Hale. Many of her books are young adult fiction (much like Twilight), and she even got a Newberry Medal Award for her novel "The Princess Academy." Other books by her: "The Goosegirl" and "Austenland".
Oh, by the way, I have read Letters for Emily--it was a good read. And I saw the movie based on the book "The Ultimate Gift"--the movie was great, so I'm sure the book is even better.
Let's see what a about a christmas book? i am more of a non-fiction reader. I am the worst person ever, because I didn't really like the whole twilight series. I know, everyone at work has shunned me. I just didn't get into it as much. I just couldn't get into the whole vampire thing. I couldn't picture anyone like Edward. I know, I am weird, and I will understand if I am uninvited to the book club. Sorry Becky. i do LOVE you though!!
I like Annie's idea of doing a Shannon Hale book (anything except Austenland...not really her best work - very different than her other books). I really liked Goose Girl and Princess Academy. And I've heard great things about her newest title "Book of a Thousand Days." But I'm up for whatever!
I read a book called The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. It was a great thinking novel and made me think about what I would do if I had to make that choice. I loved the Twilight series books. I am excited that there is another one coming out next year and yet kind of excited for it to finally have an ending. They were great and I can't wait to read them again.
Over the past week I read The Bronze Bow again. It was one I read in Elementary School. I forgot how great that one is.
I have no suggestions because if anyone really knows me I am such a follower. I don't know how to make a decision. I never learned. So I am up for what ever. Just let me know and I will get reading.
Hey Becky! What happened to our book club? Sad! :) We were doing so well...
Post a Comment